Thursday, October 29, 2009

Test awaits

On Tuesday had another driving lesson. Overall was very good, slowed down in time for junctions and islands, good clutch control, drove at the right speed, etc. Had one mishap on my favourite hill again. On the hill top there's a junction with traffic lights. If you aren't the first two cars you're on the slope. Over the past 28 weeks I have stalled on there a number of times but not for a while. However on approach to the junction I had a young lady decide to follow me right up my arse! Must have thought it to be fun as she was obviously a qualified driver now. She couldn't have been older than 19. Anyway when I stopped she did about a foot away from me. Now lately this hasn't bothered me as I've been pulling away lovely but this time I went to pot. For some reason I panicked and burnt the clutch out and stalled, then to make matters worse she overtook me and I stalled again and missed the bleeding lights! This played on my mind for the remainder of my lesson, which was only 10 mins, and I had a couple of little errors on route home. Something I need to work on again. I was told to move on and forget once I do something like that but I have a tendancy to dwell on things longer than I need to.

Putting that aside I bite the bullet tonight and have booked my test for the 1st of December. I've worked out that i can get a further 8 lessons before then. I've got a few extra jobs coming up and have been working more hours at work the past fortnight, which is not worth it if I keep getting paid less hours than I work! All this means I can afford a bit extra towards this and my bills and my new car fund, at the moment stands at £0, just means I have to work a few more nights. Trying not to do weekends as it means not seeing my son but I do need to work them. Hopefully I'll be able to do it all in the week but depends on where I'm sent with work, oh well if I pas my test it will be worth the extra hours put in. Still on course for being able to drive my son on Christmas Day, if that happens then this year will have a happy end which for the majority of it has been one of the worst in my life.
T.L.M.S

No comments:

Post a Comment