Tuesday, October 13, 2009

New lesson

Had another lesson tonight and it went very well. Feel like I've got clutch control now. The thing I still struggle with is hills.Either I slow down too early or panic about pulling off and over rev the car! Practice does make perfect however and a lot of things are coming naturally now. Still haven't worked on manouveres yet and to be honest that worries me. I need to book my test soon but I want to be able to do everything without worry before I do. I thought tonight we'd be doing some as he asked me if we'd worked on any. Funny that as he's been teaching me now for over 25 lessons so surely he'd know!

We drove around the priory tonight for a bit and normally that is where most learners go to these, but we just drove around the estate a couple of times like we did on my first few lessons. Granted this time I didn't stall and panic when cars come round the blind corners but it would be nice to do something different. We went round islands, no problems there except I perhaps slowed down too early or not early enough to get in the right gear. Went down national speed limit roads which was good driving faster and did right turns which is easy now. Thats probably my main gripe, I know I can do all this now and do it well. My overall perception of the flow of traffic, slowing down, pulling off, changing gear when needed to is good. He doesn't tell me what gear to be in or anything anymore so the thing holding me back is manouveres. Plus I haven't got another lesson till a week thursday so thats 9 days I have to wait again.

I don't want to change instructors as I do get on well with him but I need to pass my test. I have a lot of thinking to do over the next week about where I go from here. The only plus I can see is that I save £20 this week not having a lesson but in the long run I can't afford it anyway so the longer I go without taking my test, the more chance there is that I won't have the money to pay for any more. Don't want to get this far and have to stop, something has to give soon.

Also playing on my mind tonight is work! Got some wallpapering to do tomorrow. Now I love wallpapering and I can do it well. the trouble is I don't do it enough. Not my choice, my bosses choice. I'm fully qualified and better than some others I work with but in the 10 years I've been here I can count on my two hands the amount of times he's let me do it. And when I do, he loves to pick faults in my work. Not much in the way of confidence building!! So when I do some I panic that I'm doing it right. He only does it so he hasn't got to pay me the rate others get. The sooner this test is passed the better! T.L.M.S

No comments:

Post a Comment