Sunday, October 11, 2009

Factor life

Just watched the x factor results show, and watched it last night as well, and I can honestly say that not one of them have the x factor like Robbie Williams. That man oozes showmanship. If that is what stage fright does to you then everyone on that show needs it. True he might not have the best voice in the world but he is a natural performer. He had the crowd eating out of his hand and he looked like he really enjoyed himself out there. The rest of them, well that opening song they all sang was a joke. Horrible in fact. I pressed mute after 15 seconds cause not one person was in tune! That said I'm sure I'll watch every week otherwise I'll be the only one on site who will be quiet every break!

Managed to watch the England game online and for free as well, wasn't too depressed with our overall performance, thought we had a few chances, second half was the better side. It was the 10- 15 mins after the sending off which affected the game. As Sven said at half time if you give a penalty only book the player. The punishment of a penalty is enough. True if the penalty is missed you might have cause for complaint but I agree with Sven. I remember in 93 when Koeman fouled Platt in Holland. He should have been sent off for that foul but only got booked. We didn't get a penalty only a free kick then minutes later the aforemention player scored from a free kick at the other end and we got knocked out. But that is football and that is why we love it. It wouldn't be the same without talking points. In 2002 when West Brom got promoted we had a perfect goal dissallowed in the game against Rotherham as the ref said it hadn't have crossed the line. Now if it had been given we would've been promoted earlier but I wouldn't have experienced one of the best away games I went to at Bradford when Igor Balis scored from a penatly in injury time, which meant if we beat Palace at home we would be up. Things like this make football and the feelings we as fans have. We take the pain and embrace the glory, and I know being a West Brom fan!

One more thing before I go, a dear friend of mine lost someone close to him tonight and my thoughts are with him.
The Lord is My Shepherd, I'll shall not want, he leads me down to lie, in pastures green, he leadeth me, the quiet waters by

No comments:

Post a Comment