Thursday, October 22, 2009

Driving and Baggies

Its been a while since my last lesson but tonight had another. Still no manouvres practiced but it was quite busy on the roads tonight so kind of glad I didn't do any! I'm still making mistakes and that is to be expected, the main one tonight was slowing down early enough. Even though I should know I seem to have a fear of slowing down too much too early and then having to speed up again, so I end up doing the opposite. A few idiots were out and about tonight. Had one car pull out on me while I was coming down the hill at a set of lights so I had to put the brakes on quickly. Didn't expect it as the lights were on green and there wasn't that much of a big space between me and the car in front. In fact it was another learner that pulled out! Plus he stalled the car doing so! Fair enough he must believe he's at the stage where he can take the chance but I'd rather he did it in front of someone else.
Still looking too much to the right when I approach islands as well. I did get better as the lesson progressed however and I had great control over the clutch. Only a couple of times was I told what gear to be in so at least I'm doing that right and for the first times in weeks I didn't stall the car! that itself is a major triumph. Booked another for Tuesday night so not as long to wait. Hopefully book test very soon.

Since I last wrote the Albion have played two home games. Won one, lost one. Saturday against Reading was very much a game of two halves. First half we were shocking, they controlled the game and it took a error for us to get back into the game. Once we did we dominated and could have had more than the 3 goals we scored. Tuesday against Swansea we never got going. Had a fair bit of possession but didn't do anything with it. Obviously Beattie was going to score against us! Thought some of the managers choices were odd, such as allowing 17 yr old Chris Wood play upfront alone for 25 minutes in the second half. He hasn't played that many games for us, scored only once, and to be honest is still very raw. Tuesday his first touch let him down. I don't want to be hard on the lad as he has a great future ahead of him but he needs to be nurtured. We had a player in Simon Cox, who scored 30 goals last year, on the bench who can't get a look in. When he eventually came on he almost scored with his first touch. If he had played a few more games he'd have tucked it away whereas you can see he's short on confidence. Some fans are saying he's not cut out for this level, I think that is very harsh. He needs to have a run of games to be properly judged. No good coming on for 10 minutes here and there then going 3 games without a sniff of action. Di Matteo should use him more because Luke Moore isn't scoring, Bednar is injured as is Miller, Rueben Reid is one of the worst players to pull on the shirt and Wood is learning. We can't rely on the midfield getting al our goals cause we will quickly slip down the table if we do.

Southgate getting the sack didn't come as any surprise to me, thought he'd have gone much earlier as he had lost the fans. Once they go you're on to a loser which is why Rafa Benitez should be worried. I look at that Liverpool squad and its very weak. True they have some great players but the back up is shocking. Too many second rate foreigners. In my opinion, (which is probably not worth much!!), I'd bleed the youngsters in. someone with some spirit who will play with no fear. They have to do better than what the current lot are doing. If it wasn't for the fact that the club is in debt and he signed a big contract last season I would have expected him to get the sack Monday if they lose to Man Utd.
T.L.M.S

No comments:

Post a Comment