Sunday, September 20, 2009

Football fun day

Spent most of today watching football, in between playing with my son, who has now gone back to his mothers for the week. The Manchester derby was a quality match, had a feeling Owen would get the winner, even if it needed 6 mins of injury time to get it. I can understand Man City's frustration but when the ref signalled for 4 minutes Bellamy was still celebrating so all in all I think he got the right amount added on in the end. Tried to watch the Chelsea game but I really hate watching them so after 5 minutes had to turn it off. They must be the one team who I despise, obviously Wolves and Blues are top added to that list are Hull City and West Ham, so actually 5 teams. Amazing how many football fans have teams they hate, and for the silliest reasons as well!
Good to see England win in the cricket one dayers for once. I really think that we can't understand the fact in one day game we need to attack the ball and get runs on the board, cause the amount of times I've watched us we seem to play like we are in a test match. Hit the bloody thing!!! Plus we tried our best to throw this game away, the other sides in the Champions Trophy must be glad that we're playing, any total over 200 and the game is theirs.
Also watched Great Britain fail to win in the Davis Cup. How many more years must we suffer from players not being up to the required standard? You can understand why Andy Murray gets so pissed off every Wimbledon. I don't agree that it's a lack of funding, I reckon it's a lack of drive in the players. In sport if you haven't got the drive and desire to win you won't get anywhere and to me a lot of these young players don't have it, they are just happy to pick up whatever funding they can get and spend a few more years away from getting a proper job. I do hope I'm wrong and in the future Britain will be celebrating. T.L.M.S

1 comment:

  1. It was a crazy Manchester derby that's for sure. Thought the ref probably played a little too much injury time, Match of the Day say from the moment the ball crossed the line to the re-start was 56 seconds, but surely they allow about 30 seconds for any goal celebation. I think maybe the whistle should have gone after the free kick was initially cleared - but hey, what a great game!

    ReplyDelete