Saturday, September 26, 2009

Driving to defeat

If my mate wouldn't have rang me this morning I know I would have overslept for my driving lesson! That said it didn't excuse my laziness. The lesson wasn't too bad, was took around Wolverhampton ring road today, first attempt at a busy road in a city and did very well. Stalled on the way to the said road. Me and my instructor both knew I was going to the minute a bus pulled up behind me! Throughout the lesson did some silly mistakes like not slowing down enough for the island and getting into gear early enough, forgetting to check my mirrors when indicating and the best was thinking I could already drive and deciding to keep my hand on the gear stick! Overall though my general awareness and driving have improved but I know I need to work on manouvres which I've hardly done so far and my next lesson isn't for a week Monday so got over a week to worry myself into a frenzy about driving again.
The Albion lost their unbeaten record today and with that performance can't have any complaints. Rubbish from start to finish and it was a terrible game to watch. The ref missed a lot of fouls and to top it off their goal came from a handball (which I can't be sure of as it was down the smethwick end but many have said it was). But I didn't expect anything less from a Neil Warnock side and Palace have turned into a bogey side over the years for us. Next two games are against teams we normally do poor against and they are both away from home, but that said we have performed better away than at home this season so heres hoping.
a happy note to end on, perma-tan pricks Hull side lost badly today so relegation looks likely for them! T.L.M.S

1 comment:

  1. So, as an Albion fan driving through Wolverhampton, do you start to curse other drivers as Wolves fans?

    Nothing worse than a bus coming up right behind you to put the frighteners on you when you're learning as well - not much fun that - never mind once you've passed your test, you can get your own back by driving in the bus lane! =)

    ReplyDelete