Monday, March 14, 2011

Past the Post Part 2

My second test was on the 25th January. As before nerves kicked in when I was sat in the waiting room. There was a lot riding on me passing the test being out of work, knowing this would help me find a job. Had a good lesson beforehand and ironed out any trouble I might have so I felt confident. Got through my show me tell me and faced the independant driving for the first time. Did that easy enough, had a reverse park and did that superbly. Carried on around the test route, had a bit of a mishap approaching a island by not positioning the car properly but thought I had drove well enough to pass. To be honest I couldn't believe it when he told me I'd failed. 15 minors. Mostly for steering, said I crossed my arms on numerous occasions. I knew that was a lie because I'd never done that before.

Despite the set back I went home and rebooked for Feb 7th with the last money I had. Managed to fit one lesson in before and again my instructor saw no faults in my driving. I decided that he'd sit in with me this time. As before did show me tell me and the independant driving part easily. It was exactly the same route as my last test so I know what roads I was facing and what lay ahead. I had a reverse round the corner this time and did that well. Pulled up at the test centre and my instructor was certain I'd passed. Nope another fail. 1 major and 6 minors. The major was going on the wrong side of the road. When I asked the examiner where this happened he stuttered and struggled to say where. I was gutted again but knowing how close I was to passing I knew I had to carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment